Tuesday, May 26, 2009

 

Simon Scotty and Like the rug

Simon Scotty.. went to see Star Trek at Highcross with mates from church. Was great fun.. bit hyper on the way there... I was 'encouraged' by others. Joy running down the up escalator looked so funny I had to try it myself. Got a 'do that again and we'll throw you out' look from the security guy at the top of the down escalator... oops.

After a full half hour of ads and trailers it finally started.. and was great. Loved the film.. great story (which I think is the more important element) and the cast was brilliant.. did really believable younger versions of the original crew. Simon Pegg was great as Scotty. Some great jokes in there too. Film only spoiled by how sick I felt.. bad motion sickness/nausea despite wearing the 'bands' .. and the flashy lights hurt, and the sound hurt... felt really autistic :-( but was a bit better when I moved to the back, shut my eyes and covered my ears.. lol!

Hilarious journey back... endless Planet of the Apes puns... the world made entirely of pancakes for example.

Like the rug... God bargains? like Alison said about her rug.. sometimes God just puts something you need right in front of you.. 3 examples from the car boot.. wore the Yamaha shirt at Donington the day after, Mum wanted vinegar on her burger (and I could serve it in the proper thing) and I'm sorted for Wednesday night (NOT supporting Man U hehe).. and I got a friend for 50p :-)

Eventually managed to find the Translate stall at the car boot (only cos I was standing there thinking.. I used to have that exact same VCR) but I was a bit late, and then stressed at something Jo said. The Harley's House blog describes all the work I did on Saturday. Sunday morning was also lots of cleaning and sorting. Nice when they arrived though.. tea and cake (or death) out in the garden, then an impromtu barbie. Got an interesting shorts line on my legs and a string line instead of a watch line on my arm. Nose not burned thanks to Grandad's Guinness sunhat that I inherited when Ma remembered it was in the car. Played the 'Topix' game I got at the car boot.. quite amusing. Me and Pops just make up rubbish.. Ma is alarmingly creative. Went for a walk by the canal in the evening, hoping to get food at the Boat Inn. Failed, so after a pint outside we wandered back through town, and Dad wanted to go to Spoons. Not an easy time for me.. TGF Karen helping me through.

Late to bed having printed maps and schedules for the Racing, cleared all my SD cards, and having tried on a big bag of Jon's old clothes. Sent him a text asking him to slim down to a 28 inch waist!! Nice to get free t shirts and jeans tho :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?