Friday, April 17, 2009

 

The last trip together

Well, it's finally over. Had my last trip away with Alison, a couple of days in London. Am devastated now that its over, it was the last thing I had to look forward to. I absolutely loved being with her, but it was really hard knowing that it was so different to last time and that everything had changed, and that I'd never get to be with her again.

Alison drove down to Stanmore station and we only just went past the entrance! Left Ruth and Sophie on the train (not because we had forgotten them.. different plans, we just gave them a lift).. and went to Madame Two Swords. Once we found an employee that didn't try to make me feel like a complete idiot for coming in the Easter holidays, then I went straight in the card holders massive queue avoiding door, leaving Alison to go find a nice cafe. MT was really stressful.. packed and people getting in the way of each other's photos. I think the appeal of the place is probably to go with mates and to get your picture taken standing with the 'celebs'. Oh well. I amused myself by researching which models had the most interesting shoes. Judge for yourselves... Actually lets make it a quiz.. answers on a postcard.. well, email please..

Also found some interesting shiny things...

and met Spidey..

and the Hulk..

and I got a picture of JD for Karen (although he just looks miserable if you ask me)..

and a picture of John Wayne (and Thing) for Uncle Chalkie..

Escaped from MT and found Alison.. sat in the sun at the cafe opposite :-) Made our way to Notting Hill Gate for a mooch around, looking for Hugh in a bookshop. Had gone off Alison's map, so found our way to Portobello Road market with the aid of a teatowel outside a shop! Lots of very cool houses around here, like this one we decided looked like a Happy Meal box..

..and the highest concentration of All Stars shops anywhere in the world! No size 6 on sale tho :-(

Walked all the way from there to Kensington High Street via the Park, all at 'Norwich Union lunchtime speed' so that we would make it to Giraffe on time to enjoy the lunch menu. Well worth it.. by half 3 I had worked up quite an appetite! Our meals were yummy...

The pictures were cool too... I got distracted on the way to the loo...

very true...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?