Saturday, March 21, 2009

 

A quick jaunt down the GUC

Terribly posh... and exciting... today I had my first ever ride on a real narrow boat on the Grand Union Canal. Some book club friends of Alison's took us from Quorn to Mountsorrel. All the people were lovely. This one was especially lovely.

We went past the bridge I go over everyday (well, some) to get to school. Looks really different from here.

and we went IN a lock.. which was very exciting...

and we saw a very health and safety conscious dog..

and we went past the 'psychiatric gardens'! This one was the most alarming..

and this was Alison's favourite, that The Famous Five would have lots of adventures in (then go inside for lashings and lashings of Ambrosia creamed rice)

I thought this was what my garden would look like if I lived by the canal...

We found some nice bridges...

and I ate mushroom soup for dinner and made no fuss about it whatsoever

On the way back I got to steer the boat...

which I was clearly very worried about..

While Alison joined the Scouts..

and practiced her "I see no ships" routine..

I got out and helped when we went back through the lock..

While Alison stayed on the boat... clearly finding it very dull the second time around..

So she amused herself re-enacting Titanic..

We ended the trip playing 'fun with reflections'..

So thanks go to Erica (owner and skipper) and everybody for a nice day out. I really enjoyed it, and I really really hope its not my last day out with Alison.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?