Monday, November 03, 2008

 

Legoland - the Star Wars Fireworks

Sat 1st Nov had been in the diary for months. No wimping out for a pesky cough. Our second trip to Legoland. It wasn't just the fireworks that were SW.. there was loads of stuff. Starting with the Collector's Brick. I think Alison is the only person that would be so understanding as to leave Loughborough at 7am on a Saturday just to make sure that we got a free (to annual pass holders hehe) brick. We were so relieved when we got our hands on it... Alison was relieved because she knew I really wanted it (however much I tried to pretend) and I was relieved because Alison was stressing that the scenic route we took might have made us too late. So here is the all important brick... (oh and later on we managed to get the Indiana Jones one too)

Once we had the brick we explored the rest of the star wars stuff. We met a radio controlled Artoo...

..and a fat Stormtrooper!!!

and Obi Wan...

..and Chewie...

and Darth Vader. Who was very big and mean and scary. And not very nice to me at all.

...but I got my own back later...

We also met a very cool guy (ok...geek to the rest of the world) who made big models...


Another guy had made really small models of scenes from the films..

After I had done my Jedi training ...Karen had better watch out cos I've done my lightsabre training with a Jedi Master!!! ... I had a play with a JCB digger...check out the 'concentrating face'!!!


So pleased with myself that I got some balls in the bucket! Oh well....little things!

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the fireworks..mainly cos it was pee-ing it down. Oh well. They were done to various themes from Star Wars and they were cool (even though many were obscured by some numpty's legoland umbrella grrr). I loved the ones that formed a 3D globe and the ones that looked like exploding Death Stars, complete with the ring. Not sure the smiley face ones really fitted the theme, but they were nice anyway.

After a long day being cold and wet, and no complaining, even when she was dragged around looking for the SW quiz questions, or left in the rain while I queued for diggers or.... Alison finally gets her reward..

and yeah...she had nicked my hat! Although I was very suprised that A - she was wearing a hat (she must have been very cold) and B - she managed to look cute. Well acutally, I was impressed more than suprised at that. I think I look like a wally in any hat... but particularly in that one!

Last piccy... you can't go to Legoland and not get some... er.... Lego! I thought I was very well behaved today... no extra stuff, and very nearly stuck to the '2 pound coins in the pint glass' Lego budget. I liked this ship the best... though I was tempted by the one that came with the Huttlet minifig hehe. Got some mini figs to make movies with.. ideas on a postcard (well, email) please.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?