Friday, October 31, 2008

 

Finally.... the age of the MacBook

So... finished the thesis correcting on Tuesday and sent it off to Jo. So Wednesday was ..... Apple Shop Day!!!! So, after both works, Alison navigated me to Highcross. Even the outside looks cool....


Hmmm. This is taking far too long to upload photos....especially as I haven't yet worked out a way of reducing the filesize (Mr Kimber to the rescue I hope). Its late and I need to sleep off my cough before Legoland tomorrow. Will try to edit this another time.

Its now 'another time'. And JPK has told me how to make photos small. So here goes. Hmmm distracted by MSN. Resisting urge to eat crisps...mainly cos don't want to mess up the keyboard...could be a new diet plan!
Ok..lets see if this works. I fear the photos might be too small now! OK, back to it.

Alison being all patient and understanding yet again! and this is after looking for DVD recorders in John Lewis, and before spending ages in Mac store stressing over the more expensiveness of the mac book, and about too expensive to buy cases (even though I don't like having gadgets unprotected from my stupidity and clumsiness)

OK...latest small problem with Mac fixed by using firefox instead of Safari. Right, gone midnight. Sleep now, blog later...hey that could be a t-shirt!

Think 4 days for a single post could be a record. Hopefully this will get speedier as I grasp the vagaries of Macs. Plus hopefully I've got facebook Tetris out of my system now.

Ok, so much faffing in the shop...and they weren't impressed when I took the advice of Mr Kimber and didn't want to use the wireless card machines...think being too over cautious on reflection.. I eventually got all my toys.... including a free printer..

Most expensive free rucksac ever...

Going for the new Apple way of life in a big way!!! they really know how to make offers that make you buy stuff all at once... am I a sucker, or have I saved lots???

No comments thank you !!!!


Isn't that just ultra stylish? Took my head a while to get round the change... having never really liked the white ones and wishing I could afford the shiny black one... when I finally go to buy it they've stopped making the white one (well, the middle spec) and replaced it with one piece of brushed aluminium. Nice.

If only the blog ended there... unfortunately later that night, having tidied my room and hoovered and all sorts of boring jobs I allowed myself to sit down to a play at the mac... and it wouldn't boot!!! I was so amazingly calm though. Even when I thought ok, I'll play with the ipod... and it won't let you do anything till you've plugged it into a mac! At this point it was Alison to the rescue... she kindly took it back to the Macstore on Friday and changed it for a sparkly new one (that, with prior expereicne, clearly had not been opened before). So. Now we're motoring. Thanks to JPK's tricks and thanks to firefox working the same as on the PC this should be much quicker now.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?