Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

At the Copa!!!

Was supposed to go see the Japanese drummers at LU on Wed night but there was a smeg up over tickets. So while Matt and Caroline went off to see Wallace and Gromit I had complete brain failure and followed Alison instead. What a mistake that proved to be. She was on a Plan B mission and was at the Town Hall in Lufbra before I had managed "But...". So. I ended up watching a not so amatuer production of 'Copacabana'. Hmmmm

The actual show was mostly great (a few very stupid bits and some of the audience needed to shut up and remember they were not at a panto). The only downside (apart from getting spotted by a school kid and getting ice-cream all over my trousers) was that I could not stop sing/whistling the only 2 lines of the song that I knew. Had to download the song and the lyrics when i got home. How sad. The best ever version of the song (better than me and Alison's Ethel from Shelly version) can be found here....

Went to pub after and avoided the Men's Beer Club (or rather they avoided/pretended not to see us). We were doing the Cha Cha (as you do) on the street outside at closing time, when some random bloke walked past and asked us if that was how you got a taxi in Lufbra these days!!!!
All the other people that saw me dance back to church just stared. And its suprising how many people there are between the pub and church when you are doing something silly. Alison scared me when I texted her to ask if there were security cameras at church. Highlights at the Crimbo Carol concert apparently.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?