Monday, August 01, 2005

 

eek! 28 already

Dunno about getting old, my sports injuries tell me I'm there already. That said I had a fantastic game of football yesterday and a run today and I'm feeling good. Wait till I try to get downstairs tomorrow.

Friday was my birthday. Most of it was crap, but we won't go into that. Lunch was fantastic, picnic with the SGS plus Alison on the fountain on campus. Very civillised. I had 2 donuts and 2 slices of toffee cake and consequently felt very sick all afternoon, worth it though. Saturday was great once parents got here. Quickly got the grub for the party, then off to Decathlon to play with the 2 second tents, and get some gear for football. Most embarrassing having to ask where the headbands were. Got some new shin pads too, although I later discovered that they leave dents in my legs.

Mexican party was great. Ma, Pa and Chalkie were a massive help getting ready for it, we were completely unstressed. That was helped by the fact that my friends know me well so none of them actually turned up at the stated 7:30! Food was well yummy, if I say so myself. Didn't make much of a dent in the large vat of chilli, so have been inventing some interesting chilli based recipies. Everyone seemed to enjoy the party, and my team won the game of Articulate (unlike the game of Trivial Pursuit with TV questions for smegments on Sunday eve, bad idea when playing against Chalkie).

Football on Sunday was great fun. I was well nervous before the game, and I refused to go in goal, or to run the line (wimp). I played right wing, and I think I have finally discovered my position. My second touch was a perfect through ball which Sally stuck in the back of the net with grace and ease (well chuffed that M, P + C) had arrived just in time to see it). They nearly put me off shouting for 'Harley', but at least I didn't hear them call me 'Sparrow'!

After lunch (mexican leftovers) we went to Bradgate Park. Looked a bit silly carrying 5 kites when there was absolutely no wind, but had a nice bimble round. Crashed out after they left, watched Bridget 2 and started on the mountain of chocolate I got for my birthday (along with Chalkie's most random pressie yet - a scuba turbine thingy like out of Thunderball).

Right must go now, gotta cook grandads beans. Even though I'm no linger hungry thanks to the bowl of ice-cream me and Toni had as a reward after our super speedy run round outwoods. I can still run, me so happy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?